Sunday, November 6, 2011

Babysitter, anyone?

After babysitting for a family for over a year, I recently spent my last day with the kids. I was both sad and happy to find out that the husband was offered a new job out-of-state, in the same city that the kids' grandparents and cousins live in. I'm happy that they can now live closer to their family, but it sure was hard to say goodbye to those kids- especially after getting to know them! It didn't feel so great losing a job either :(
I'm happy to announce that there is a silver lining, however. It seems like lately I have been showered with other babysitting offers! They keep popping up out of nowhere, and I'm quite okay with it! It's allowed me to meet a lot of great families in the community, some of which whose parents actually work at Rockhurst. I think this poor college student will be okay for the remainder of the semester- which is actually only 3 weeks and 2 days! Not that I'm counting down or anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment