Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cupcakes and Rollerskates

I feel as though these last couple days were a mini blast from the past. On Friday, I babysat for a little 4-year-old girl- soon to turn five. Since her birthday would be the following day, her mother said we were more than welcome to bake some cupcakes for the party. I haven't had a cupcake in ages! She left out on the counter a variety of different cake mixes, icings, and sprinkles. I couldn't pass this opportunity up! I quickly realized that the little girl loved to bake just as much as I did. She convinced me that she needed to take a taste test from every cake mix, so I decided I should do the same thing too :) Our finished products ended up being triple chocolate fudge, and fun-fetti, which happen to be two of my favorites!


The next evening, I attended the date party of one of Rockhurst's  fraternities. I was super excited when I found out we would be going roller-skating! Once we got to the rink, I was flooded with childhood memories. I remember how roller-skating was the "cool" thing to do when we were younger. I myself held a couple birthday parties at the rink. Since then, however, my skating skills have gotten a little rusty. I was pretty wobbly when I first stepped out on the rink, but by the end of the night, I felt I was skating much more smoothly. With the winter months approaching, this night of roller-skating proved to be good practice for another one of my favorite activities- ice-skating!



No comments:

Post a Comment