Saturday, January 14, 2012

When you wish upon a star

Happy New Year, readers! I hope you all had a happy holiday season and are holding strong to those New Year Resolutions! My Christmas break was so fun-filled that I don't know where to begin! What better place than at the beginning though, right?



Just a few days after finishing my finals, I decided to give myself an early present: a haircut. I had been letting my hair grow for quite some time and I decided it was time for a change. Overall, I lost 8 inches of my hair. It was scary watching it as it all fell to the ground! However, it was great to feel so light afterwards.


The following week I found myself on an airplane flying to Orlando, Florida, along with my boyfriend David. His parents asked us to join them in a Disney World vacation for a week. In addition to his parents and us, his grandparents, uncles, aunt, and cousins were present! Needless to say, it was a full house! (or condo...) If I attempted to write everything we did while we were there, this post would be impossibly long. Instead I will just give a brief overview:



  • we visited all 4 Disney parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Disney Hollywood, and Epcot
  • I rode the scariest roller coaster I have ever been on, called the Rockin' Roller coaster
  • went to an art class where I learned how to draw the Sorcerers' Apprentice Mickey Mouse
  • attended a Pixar Parade
  • went to a behind-the-scenes show that demonstrated how special effects are created in movies.
  • watched a Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Lion King Show
  • got to enjoy a Disney characters electrical lights parade
  • saw a firework show that took place in front of the Magic Castle
  • saw another very impressive firework show at Epcot 
  • went on an African safari
  • and my favorite: Fantasmic! A show where Mickey's imagination is threatened by the various Disney villains, but he overcomes it with good. Almost all Disney characters were in it! 
the Rockin' Roller coaster

I had a such a great time while in Orlando. What's great is that our passes are valid for a year. You know what that means.....hellooo Spring Break!!


No comments:

Post a Comment