Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me

Of the 22 birthdays that I've experienced, I think I can honestly say that this year has been the best yet. My actual birthday was Monday, February the 6th, but the weekend preceding it was chalk-full of fun, family, and friends. Because there's so much to talk about, I think I'll go with bullet points for this entry.


Friday:
- Attended a movie party featuring the final Harry Potter movie- put on by Rockhurst's Student Activities Board and Campus Ministry. This party was complete with truffles, cupcakes, dip, puppy chow, and of course, butterbeer! 


Saturday:
- Went to City Market in the morning and bought my fruits and veggies for the week
- Got lunch with David and his family
- Went to mass at Visitation- my favorite church in the KC area
- Ate a delicious homemade meal with friends
- Saw Aladdin the musical at the Kauffman Center for Performing Arts! I hadn't been to this theater before, and I have to say that I was very impressed. The architecture on the outside kind of reminded me of the Sydney Opera House in Australia. The inside looked very modern, with curvy walls and really neat seating. The musical was very cute. It was geared towards children, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. My favorite character by far was the Genie- some things never change :)


- Afterwards, we got ice cream at Winsteads



Sunday:
- SLEPT IN!!! WOOHOO
- Got lunch with my parents. It made me so happy that they drove 2 1/2 hours to see me on my birthday! I am so blessed
- Watched the movie, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I thought it was a great movie. I liked how it included a young boy with Asperger's Syndrome, and I thought it was portrayed very well. I recommend it- except be sure to bring tissues!
- Celebrated the Superbowl with my housemates. It was a great time! We had so many delicious foods, and we really enjoyed the commercials!


No comments:

Post a Comment