Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Results Are In!

After much hard work and effort, phone calls, emails, and a waiting period that has seemed like an eternity, I have finally heard back from several of the graduate schools that I applied to! I am very happy to announce that I have decided upon....drumroll, please....my very own alma mater, Rockhurst! 
The day my acceptance letter arrived in the mail, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I opened the envelop. Thankfully the first word on the letter was Congratulations, which sent a wave of relief throughout my body, quickly followed by a surge of excitement! I think I just stood where I was, staring at the letter, until I finally processed what had happened. My first choice!
The reasons why I wanted to remain at Rockhurst are not only because it is the shortest driving distance from home (2 1/2 hours), that I already have the Rockhurst Speech-Language Pathology fleece jacket, or that the cookie twisters here are to die for. I feel that I have received a wonderful undergraduate education at Rockhurst, from some very smart and experienced professors. I love the fact that I am living in a city with over 90 different sites in which I can observe, volunteer, and/or potentially work at some day! While I did debate, for a time, on whether or not I should go out and experience what another school could be like, Rockhurst just seemed to feel right.
Now that I have a sense of security for next year’s plans, I feel more at peace and able to enjoy the last quarter of my senior year. It has absolutely flown by, but I want to enjoy as much as I can before I blink again!

No comments:

Post a Comment