Monday, April 2, 2012

Giving off a Glow

Last week I experienced something that I never had done before: my first ever neon paint dance party! And I tell you, it was amazing. This dance was put on by Alpha Delta Gamma, one of the Rockhurst fraternities. I had a feeling even before I bought my ticket that this event was going to be a unique one, for the advertisements were eye-catching with all their bright colors and cool designs. I felt that the PR just had to be a sign of what was yet to come. In addition, along with the tickets you could also purchase a crazy tie-dyed T-shirt that was to be worn the night of the dance.


Upon entering the venue that night, I was caught off guard by all the colors and lights that were flashing and glowing in the dark. The music gave off a beat that just wouldn't let me stand still and before I knew it, I was out on the dance floor. While my unsuspecting friends and I were busting some moves, we were quite surprised when we felt a splatter of paint land on us. We soon realized that some of the guys had filled neon paint into water guns and were shooting it into the crowd, adding a little color to their clothes. Soon, it felt like a contest of who could become the most colorful. I was so covered in paint that by the end of the night, I felt like a walking glow stick!
I think I can honestly say that this was my favorite Rockhurst dance that I have been to. It had all the elements of normal dances that I love- friends, great music, awesome venue- but with some colorful additions!

No comments:

Post a Comment