Friday, September 23, 2011

Fiesta!

Chef Kim
Home at the "Treehouse," my housemates and I share in a sit-down, family-style meal once a week. We each take turns cooking the meal, and this week it was my friend Kim's turn. I was so excited when I found out she decided to whip up one of her famous delicacies... taco ring! It's a household favorite. Because this was such a special dinner, we decided that it called for a celebration. We brought out the colorful place-mats and filled our cups with strawberry smoothies. Yum!

This is just one example of what I love about the Rockhurst on-campus houses- the community that can be built. Not only within your own house, but with other Rockhurst students who live up and down the street! Over the past year, my housemates and I have been able to help each other in cooking, and have spent time catching up on each others' lives over dinner. While there may have been a few mishaps in the kitchen- recipes gone wrong, cookies a little darker than desired- it's almost always a source of laughter. 
Housemates!
Me, Anna, Kim, Breanna



No comments:

Post a Comment