Thursday, September 22, 2011

What a Catch!

This past weekend, I was given the chance to celebrate a wedding with my boyfriend's family. Weddings are one of my personal favorite celebrations, and I was so excited to attend! The ceremony was held at the Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, Kansas. The chapel was beautiful- it was a little smaller than what I'm used to, but I really liked how it created a more intimate setting. It made me feel closer to the other people in attendance, even though I didn't know many of them! 

Me and David
Afterwards, the reception was held in a ballroom at the Marriott. The first thing I noticed upon entering were the beautiful decorations. Something I found very cute and creative was that at each table was a card with a song title on it. When your song was played over the speaker, that meant it was your tables' turn to line up for food- and I must say the food was scrumptious!

The highlight of my night arrived with the tossing of the bouquet. This is the part of weddings that I've never been able to succeed at in the past, so when they announced it was time, I approached the dance floor with an attitude of "why not?" But as the anticipation rose while all of us girls waited for the bride to toss it, I felt determination spark inside. And to my surprise, I caught the bouquet for the first time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment