Thursday, October 6, 2011

Homecoming!

After completing a week filled with classes and activities, I was more than ready to de-stress with friends on the day of homecoming. And what better way than by eating at a fine restaurant and dancing the night away?


After arriving with many other Rockhurst students at Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse, I could immediately feel myself relax...all except my stomach muscles that is. Although the food smelled so delicious, I quickly realized that it was nothing compared to how great it tasted! What I find so enjoyable about Fogo de Chao is that not only is this restaurant worth going to for the food, but the overall experience as well. Servers come to the tables with many different cuts of meat, and you are given a little card to signify if: green, yes you would like to try it, or on the flip-side, red, meaning no thank you. It is definitely not a place where you worry about leaving hungry.

The homecoming dance itself was a blast. When we first arrived at the venue, I was a little concerned about the music selections, for they weren't the types of songs that compel you to run out on the dance floor. However, the DJ took a break when the homecoming court was announced. Being a member on the court, I was given the opportunity to represent my class. It was such an honor to walk in with other classmates who I've grown close with over my years here at Rockhurst. Once the Kings and Queens were announced, the DJ took his position back up- but this time, I found that the songs were so fun I couldn't keep my feet from           dancing! I had such a great time, and while it's a little sad that this was my last homecoming dance, I am so thankful for all the memories this night gave me.
Senior Homecoming Court






No comments:

Post a Comment