Saturday, October 29, 2011

Time's a Tickin'...




It’s recently dawned on me just how quickly this semester is flying by- and by that, I mean how soon my applications will need to be turned in to graduate schools! At this point, I’ve narrowed down my choices of schools, and have made a neat and organized spreadsheet detailing the specifics for each school. Aside from that, however, there isn’t much for me to brag about. I really need to pick up the pace!

For each school, I will essentially need:
- To fill out the application
- Send in my transcripts
- Send in my GRE scores
- Write a personal statement
- Send my resume
- 3 letters of recommendation

My goals for this week are to send in my transcripts and to ask several of my professors if they would be willing to write my letters of recommendation. I realize the personal statement is a very important piece of the admissions portfolio, so I really need to begin some deeper reflecting on my experiences here at Rockhurst, and how I feel those experiences have prepared me to take this next step. It’s scary for me to think how I’ve already reached this point in my life. It has gone by so incredibly fast, and has taken a lot of hard work to get here. I’m really excited for grad school- I love my major and all that I’ve learned though volunteering- but I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty nervous too! Especially about this admissions part!

This is how I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment