Thursday, May 3, 2012

5 Things I Will Miss About Rockhurst

What I WIll Miss About Rockhurst
2.) My CLC
Short for Christian Life Community, CLC is a small group that meets weekly to discuss each member's highs and lows of the week, as well as their moments closest to Christ. I think one of the most interesting aspects of CLC is that you do not chose which group you'd like to be in, but rather you are randomly placed. It is for this reason why CLC has provided me such a unique experience. 
When I applied to be a CLC leader, I had no idea what would be in store for me. I remember worrying that I wouldn't be a competent leader, and feeling anxious about who would be in my group. Well, I still don't know how confident I am in my leadership abilities, but I do know that I was given an amazing group. Each week I looked forward to hearing about the updates in their lives, as well as how they found God in their daily activities. It was such a blessing to be given a new perspective on life each week. These students moved me through their compassion for others, their dedication and hard work toward the activities they are involved in, and through their sense of humor. It's kind of ironic- I have been their leader for several years now, but I feel that I have learned so much from them. I will miss this group, who I consider to be my role models. 
My CLC "Tribal Jamz"

No comments:

Post a Comment