Saturday, May 5, 2012

5 Things I Will Miss About Rockhurst

What I Will Miss About Rockhurst
4.) My Other CLC
One of the requirements to become a CLC leader is that you first must be involved in a CLC yourself. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, one of the things I love most about CLC is that you might be placed with a group of people who you may not otherwise be friends with. The CLC that I am a part of is no different. I joined my CLC (we named it "Joyce") my freshman year, and I am happy that it has played such a significant role in my college experience. I have gotten to know this group of friends on a deeper level over the course of four years, as each week we shared our highs, lows, and moments closest to God. We have participated in service projects together, as well as many social outings. Looking back, I remember meetings of intense laughter that would result in happy tears and belly aches. I remember our camping adventure, which included rolling down a hill into a pile of leaves, eating delicious peach cobbler our CLC leader made from scratch, and star-tipping. I remember volunteering at a Halloween safe-trick-or-treating event and how much fun we had decorating our "spooky" room. 
I will greatly miss this group of friends. They have each given me a new perspective on life and have helped me to grow as a person. I cannot help but think of these friends when I think about Rockhurst, and I feel so blessed to have been a part of "Joyce."
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment