Wednesday, May 2, 2012

5 Things I WIll Miss About Rockhurst

Since I will soon be graduating from Rockhurst, I have decided to create a reflective countdown each day until the "big day." Walking around campus fills me with such nostalgia and memories of the past, that I feel like I need to express them! I hope this little reflection will interest you in taking time out to enjoy the things that make you happy, and be grateful for all the blessings you have been given...even the small ones :)
What I Will Miss About Rockhurst
1.) Senate Midnight Breakfast
Senate Midnight Breakfast has always been a highlight of my Rockhurst experience. This breakfast feast, hosted by the student senate, is held every semester right before finals begin. I am proud to say that I have never missed one. It is so popular among the students, that I would dare to say it is one of the Rockhurst events with the most turn out. The only cost to participate is either $1 or a canned good. Not a bad deal! And it is not possible for you to leave hungry. They have pancakes, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, bacon, french toast sticks, and as much soda and coffee as you can drink.
While the food is delicious, Midnight Breakfast has given me so much more than something to munch on. Every year at this time is bittersweet. I am excited for summer to come, yet as soon as finals are over I know everyone will be gone. This breakfast is kind of like a last "hurrah" where all your Rockhurst friends come together at the same time. Looking back on my freshman year midnight breakfast, I remember me and a couple friends toasting to all the memories we made during our first year at college. After each "Here's to..." we took a sip of orange soda. I refilled my cup multiple times that night! Another year, after being all sugared up, we started a mini dance party in upstairs Massman. I remember laughing until I cried (and also being quite sore the next day). All these memories flooded back to me this year. As I looked around the cafeteria I realized how thankful I am for this Rockhurst experience, which has allowed me bond with friends, given me reason to look forward to finals, and eat some delicious food in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment